This is the website of Joshua Gans who is an economist and Professor of Strategic Management holding the Jeffrey S. Skoll Chair of Technical Innovation and Entrepreneurship at the Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto. He is a Research Associate with the NBER and the co-founder of the Digitopoly blog that covers competition in the digital age.
- Joshua Gans' Curriculum Vitae.
- "Innovation and Climate Change Policy," American Economic Journal: Policy, 2011 (forthcoming).
- "Platform Siphoning: Ad-Avoidance and Media Content," (with Simon Anderson) American Economic Journal: Microeconomics, forthcoming.
- Funding Scientific Knowledge: Selection, Disclosure and the Public-Private Portfolio, (with Fiona Murray), Rate and Direction of Inventive Activity, J. Lerner and S. Stern (eds), NBER, 2011 (forthcoming).
- The Impact of Targeting Technology on Advertising Markets and Media Competition (with Susan Athey), American Economic Review, 2010.
- When is Static Analysis a Sufficient Proxy for Dynamic Considerations? Reconsidering Innovation and Antitrust in J. Lerner and S. Stern (eds), Innovation Policy and the Economy, Vol.11, 2010 (forthcoming).
- Contracting Over the Disclosure of Scientific Knowledge: Intellectual Property Protection and Academic Publication (with Fiona Murray and Scott Stern)
- A Comparison of Ex Ante versus Ex Post Vertical Market Supply: Evidence from the Electricity Supply Industry (with Frank Wolak).